Dermaplaning is a skincare treatment that removes dead skin cells and vellus hair (peach fuzz). Your esthetician will use a small, sterile blade while holding the skin taut, swiping the blade in gentle upward motions.
7 Things to Know About Dermaplaning
1. Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types.
(Clients with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates)
2. Contrary to what most think, dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker.
3. There's no downtime!
(Some slight redness can be expected, but not always)
4. You'll need to be very diligent with SPF afterwards.
5. It'll change your life as far as makeup application goes.
(Since the dermaplaning blade removes all the little hairs on the face, your makeup will go on super smooth)
6. The results can last up to four weeks.
7. Don't try this at home!